Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Going Back to Cali.


Hey everyone! I hope you all had a happy happy holiday. I sure did. Thanks for all the kind messages too. The whole fam is now back from Michigan, which truly was a Winter Wonderland of snow. We had a really terrific time, but now I'm holed up in California with one nasty cold. Fever, cough, sore throat, the works! I'm going to lay low for a few days, cuddled up on the couch with a mug of hot lemony tea and a good book. BUT! I'm also thinking this is the perfect time to get caught up on all my favorite blogs—not to mention discover some new ones. Did you lay off the computer for the holidays or were you one of those who couldn't resist? Help a sick girl out and leave me a lil comment telling me to swing by yer world to check out your latest! (aka if you ever felt shy about shameless promotion, this is your chance! Promote away!!)

I have lots more photos to share, but here are just a few from the last blustery day we spent. There really is nothing pertier than the snow covered lakeside.


That last photo should have been a "before" and "after" shot. The Mega Pout is because I had just said, "Wolfie....don't you throw that snow ball at mama!!" Two seconds (and one mischievous grin) later, I got nailed with a powdery snowball! The photo of Greg and Wolfie with the sled is actually the lake, frozen over. Amazing it freezes solid! OK Team, shoot me some links please! I hope you're having a great holiday, those of you who still have time off. Now, I have a hot date with my book and that cuppa tea.

xoxo

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Well hello there Miss Strawberry Lemonade!
    I've come to bring you CHEER and WISHES...wishing you to feel all back to your unique and bewwteeefulll self very soon!
    Let me just say...
    You may be feeling achy and blue...
    but your post made me SMILE big the whole way through!
    That WOLFIE...OH!
    Soooooooo adorable!
    You two are a perfect pair!
    The snow is lovely!
    Delighted you made it back to CA safely!
    So...looking for some action packed reading material...well you asked for it!
    Doogan and I would be mighty delighted if you'd take a peek at our fun HIKE and his new COAT from Santa!
    http://bloomingonbainbridge.blogspot.com/
    Hope that links you up!
    And I do hope you enjoy your hot tea!
    XXOOXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why didn't that highlight as a link?
    Sometimes I just don't know about my blogging skills!
    I try to get fancy and link a friend the heck up and then it doesn't even work!
    Oh well!
    XXOOXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had horrible allergies and my stack of books helped. Lovely photos, I am a bit jealous of the snow fight- but not overly much because I am still sneezing. I did lay off the blogging a bit but posted here and there between naps on the couch. Happy New Year and hope you are better soon!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I layed off bloggy world!
    What is it about the holidays that makes a person sick? Me too!
    You gotta stop by my place and check out the 60's reindeer we share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cold sounds like the same business we've had running through our family. i think i've had it the worst and am still fighting it after a week and a half. my swollen glands are killing me.

    i don't know if i could ever feel comfortable being on a frozen lake. being from texas, i just don't trust the ice. can't imagine it.

    if you're still bored. i have posted an obscene amount of photographs detailing our year at http://xmasletters.livejournal.com.

    merry xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Vancouver, BC!

    I've been enjoying your blog for months now - the colours alone make me smile...if you're ever in the neighbourhood - come and see us: http://travelthelongwayround.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the great posts - especially the Bay Area highlights as that is my husbands' stomping grounds and we don't get back there enough!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wolfie is such a doll! He seems to know how to work the pouty face too. hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete