Friday, November 6, 2009

Presents are my bag, baby.

Perhaps you remember my quest for this awesome Orla Kiely bag? It's a super cute bag and though a little pricey, seemed fun and useful and something I could schlep all my stuff around in for ages. I was torn between two colors (treated like a fool....lalalala. A little Mary MacGregor 70s sap rock anyone?) and you kind folks even voted to help me chose. The problem was, the bag is discontinued and hard as hell to find. Well last month was my 8 year wedding anniversary and look what my super adorable (and style savvy) hubs bought me!!!



Awww, how cute is that? The super cute, lemon yellow Orla Kiely button bag. Weeee! He read my post and hunted this bag down. I was sooo touched by his sweetness and thought it was genius that he had read Strawberry Lemonade for ideas. Yay! Except....well....except he didn't really read that closely or he would have seen that....


I already posted about how, after massive web sleuthing, I found and bought myself the red bag as a treat for slaving so hard at work. EEP!!!! It was like the Gift of the Magi or something. I think we truly bought that last two bags of these kind for sale out there. I hadn't had a chance to show him the red bag, which had arrived the day before and as I opened up his amazingly sweet and thoughtful prezzie I kind of gulped. Like, do I pretend I never got the red one? Do I sell it? Hide it under the bed?? Waaah.


Being the good little George Washington that I am, however, I couldn't tell a lie. I had to come clean and show it to him. Greg thought it was pretty hilarious but immediately said, "Um, you know you can't keep them both right?" *sigh* I know, I know. I decided to let Wolfie pick the winning color, because I honestly couldn't decide. The yellow was so sunshiney and sweet, but the red felt more "me". And so the winning bag (drum roll please):


I love it. And I love Greg for getting it for me. He has always been one of the most thoughtful, awesome present-givers in the whole wide world. He's a keeper, that Greg.

The beautiful yellow Orla bag will being going up on ebay if any of you lovely readers have a hankerin'. It's truly lovely and so pretty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!! amazing, amazing.
    good greg. he could give a little seminar on gift giving for clueless hubbies. he always hits the nail right on the head.

    i am dying, i can't believe they arrived within a day of eachother. so awesome that wolfie got to pick!

    and also? i cannot get over your GRASS, lady!
    so gorgeous and green!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bag, and will keep an eye out (I already have a yellow bag... don't tell my hubs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey !!! I love your references from sap rock to he gift of the magi!!!!
    ....yummy delicious purse and majorly awesome hubs!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, your hubby is so sweet! I was seriously in love with the tan one with pink buttons. I wonder if one like that will ever pop up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post and you had me laughing out loud. I also had to show my husband what GOOD HUSBANDS get their wives for their birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very very thoughtful Greg!

    But I would have gone for the red too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Jenny (aka Miss 6p00d8341d930353ef): (ok is it kooky typepad or kooky blogger?? why are commenting dealies so lame???) Anyway, this is SUCH a freckle bag too. I kind of want you to have a matching one!!!!

    Lemondrop Marie: I have to tell you your screen name ALWAYS makes me smile, Marie!! I will be sure to post when the yellow goes up on ebay!!! Weeee!

    Selma: YAY! Thank you!!

    jungle dream pagoda: hahaha! yay you got my references! I feel like an old lady sometimes with all this sassy young girlies. I figured you'd like this purse too. Has that great retro styling I know you love!!

    Ms. B Weeellll, that beige one was my fave! The pink/green/yellow buttons were soo cute!!! My friend (who inspired me to hunt for this) has a great version of the beige—its smaller with a shoulder strap. SUPER cool. She got it in NYC.

    Teri: Aw, hahahaha you are so funny!! Thank you.

    Leslie: He's a good buy, that Mr. Greg. Now if only he would put his dirty clothes in the hamper and not leave 'em on the floor!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a bit late on this one but: YAY the red bag! and YAY for the great husband! you're one lucky (but deserving) lady.

    ReplyDelete