Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Going to a Go-Go, Polaroid Edition

Found objects are the best part of thrifting....you just never know what you're going to find. I have to say that old photos are one of my favorites. Check out this collection that some feller found in a shoebox for $10. Apparently they are "audition poloroids" from the late 60s of girls who auditioned for a go-go club (and by go-go, I mean yo clothes have gots ta go-go if you want this job...ahem). 










Image source: argh, finding the link. Sorry Polaroid man!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Those purple boots in the last photo are great (especially against the orange fur rug)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are flipping fantastic! How lucky is he? That boho look standing on the furry orange rug? So Austin Powers- and the green pantsuit! Hysterical and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great! I love seeing the outfits, the chairs, the decorations - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that hair! This is such a neat find! I love the outfit in the second to the last photo! She is one stylish lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gal in the green is an absolute stunner, the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing treasure, it's like a museum exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find!. I'm diggin' the HAIR! In my dreams, I've always wanted to be one of those go-go girls that danced in a cage {clothes on, of course!}, wearing a mean pair of white go-go boots and a psychedelic mini dress! Watch out, now!
    http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you guys like 'em. The poses crack me up....so awkward and smiley!

    ReplyDelete