Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kate, Kate You Sure Are Great!

I was walking home from work last week and passed the Kate Spade store. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I tend to thing of her as very Hamptons/Preppy chic (which isn't really my style), but she sure knows how to rock the vintage sensibility like crazy. Her store always has the best window displays and now with the launch of her "new" clothing line, I was immediately sucked in.


Please note that this was last week....and I'm wearing black and tights. It's currently a heat wave, soooo freakin' hot, and I'm wearing this sundress and sandals.


You can see why I had to stop and go inside, right??


These drool worthy pumps are both girlie sweet and smokin' hot.




I think I want that handbag on the right...so mod. What say you friends? Thumbs up or down??



Oh hello gorgeous, what's that? You would come home with me but you know my kitty has a shoe fetish and has been peeing in my closet? Oh phooey.

The Kate Spaders were cool with me snapping a few shots here and there, but I didn't want to push it, so I took a peek at Kate's website to find more of the line. They are billing it as her first collection, but she has always sold clothing in the stores (granted a limited selection). I think this is the first time it will be available in boutiques. Check out how cute it all is! A little bit Audrey Hepburn, a little bit Twiggy...but very modern and wearable. Apparently their inspirations were bows, hot pink and London. Sign me up!






See even more on Kate Spade [dot] com!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I think the bag on the right is two thumbs up! It might have been a slightly different style, but I remember seeing one like it in Navy with white trim - it sent my heart aflutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Make sure you sign up for the mailing list. They do big, big online sample sales for shoes, clothes & accessories. Some of the prices are still ridic, but the "older" models of the bag you like (I love it too!) are as reasonable as you're gonna get without going knockoff.

    I think the key to these outfits looking vintage/cute & not stuffy/preppy is the accessories they add. So Zooey Deschanel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. Too fabulous!
    Definitely love that bag.
    And i adore the red dress outfit with the cute hat.
    L O V E it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable adorable! I'm loving the cuffed skinny jean too! So koot!

    ReplyDelete