Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Karl Likes 'Em Skinny.



Karl Lagerfeld is a character. I mean, the ponytail....the perpetual shades....the paper fan. Really Karl? But I can't lie. I think his clothing is pretty fabulous. What's not to love about Chanel? Karl used to be a bit of a chubbkin and famously lost something like 92 pounds—and yet he is very unsympathetic towards the curvy woman. When German magazine Brigitte recently made headlines by saying they would no longer feature skinny models, Karl had to one up them by saying [insert accent], "No one wants to see curvy women. You've got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of the television and saying that thin models are ugly." Oh Karl. You can read the whole thang here. The man is 71, and despite the fact that I think his comments are ridiculous, I would kill to go to one of his shows.









Oh, and let's not forget:


Tee hee.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. urgh, gah! he is ghastly. why do all (most) (male) fashion designers seem to hate women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for a reminder of fat Karl. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so weird isn't it nath? I mean, I know many seem to love women and celebrate them....and then there are these people who insist on crazy skinny. I mean, yeah, we have to be honest. Clothes look better on a slim woman than on a plump woman, that's just a reality. But why skinny to such an exrteme??? Makes no sense. Did you guys see that article on the Ralph Lauren campaign? I mean that model was completely anorexic looking. Totally gross in my opinion: http://tinyurl.com/ykpcdq7

    No woman likes that. Slim and healthy, sure, I can get behind that. But this is so wrong!

    Fat Karl should wave that little fan and have a some sympathy, no??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...I remember when he lost all that weight. But apparently HE forgot about that. Just a couple of months ago he called Heidi Klum fat, too!
    His clothes really are gorgeous, though.
    But I do think it's great that there are not only Size 0 models in certain magazines any more. Imho there should be a variety of all shapes and sizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. karl, there will never be another.

    ReplyDelete