Friday, July 10, 2009

Taxi-ing Down the Runway.

I love vintage airline culture. You might remember when I posted all those faboolous stewardess uniforms a while back. Well it seems like I'm not the only one smitten. This past spring at the London shows, design duo Eley Kishimoto debuted a super gergeous collection of airline inspired clothing. "Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away!” was the show's theme. Invitations were in the form of boarding passes and "airport lounge chatter" was piped over the loudspeakers as the lucky guests took their seats. Argh....how I wish I had been there! Take a gander at these....







I mean, c'mon now. I die. Such cute stuff. And wait, there's more...









And even the damn shoes are cute! Me likey.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. Man, almost makes me want to lose some weight and enter the drag show at the Stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfits are great, but my heart skips a beat for those yellow and white shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are great, love Image 11, and the shoe pics too! Have you seen the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow called View From the Top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo,those tights!!! Those Prints!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete