Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Retro Monday

Happy Monday everyone. Did you have a good weekend? I hope so! We had a bit of a slow one. My little man Wolfie came down with pneumonia—poor little bunny. We spent a lot of quality time on the couch, cuddlin' and taking it easy. Poor Greg didn't have the most action-packed Father's Day so we have promised to give him a raincheck.

To start the week out I thought I'd share with you some amazing vintage print ads I've collected (that's e-collected...i have a bunch of vintage mags, but these aren't from them!). The ladies are always so put together and yet there is always some quirky-weird twist: psychedelic graphics, bold colors, cool fonts, roast turkeys. Oh ho....just you wait!













Hmmm, perhaps I should start a weekly theme called "Hot Strawberry"??

Images: To see an amazing collection of vintage ads, including lots of these, be sure to check out the brilliant Flickr stream from sugarpie honeybunch.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I was reading the June/July issue of Bust magazine this morning and notice the Devil-Ettes were mentioned in an article. Not sure if you have seen it but you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty bug...hehe - great retro images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex, happy bloggin Monday chica! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Monroe ten-key. And nice expression on the model's face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool! That's it, I'm gonna start hoarding everything I have now. Storage considerations can come in later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks every one.
    Deviated Septum, I hadn't seen the article...thanks for telling me!!

    Pretty Neat Designs: Listen to you busting out the lingo! The Monroe ten-key! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage. Fabulous. Hilarious. Stylish. Thanks Alex.

    ReplyDelete