Monday, June 29, 2009

Pretty Retro Collages

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. So, I've posted Esen Demirci's work before, but I was looking at it again last night and I'm still really enjoying it. I love the retro collages and muted colors (even though I'm usually a bright girl). Esen is from Istanbul and she says her main influences include Alfred Hitchcock, Jean Luc Godard, and Michel Gondry. There isn't a lot of into out there on her...I think I might have to write her a little note soon to get some more scoop! I am really into how she uses illustration mixed with vintage fashion photos, old book pages, and even wallpaper patterns to produce digital and traditional collage work.










Browse her little Etsy shop.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. wouldn't it be neat to scrapbook our photo albums into gorgeous works of art like these collages?

    i wish she had more in her shop! those little earrings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! if she had more stuff i would scoop it up!!

    ReplyDelete