Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Up, Up and Away...



Up, up and away
My beautiful, my beautiful balloon
Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us
We'll keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dream across the sky
For we can fly ... we can fly.

Up, Up and Away, by The Fifth Dimension
This song is such an easy listening standard, but the words are really pretty, don't you think?










+ Beat up, gray cardigan from Target
+ Boho halter dress that looks vintagy, but is really from Forever 21 (shhh, don't tell...)
+ Black adidas yoga pants
+ Kenneth Cole brogues
+ A big ol' bouquet of balloons from my sweet hubby Greg (leftover from a baby shower at his work)

It doesn't matter how old you are, balloons never fail to make you smile. If only I could really soar up into the sky, I would fly up over the mountains and land right in your backyard so we could share a cuppa coffee and and gossip about Jon & Kate, who our favorites are on So You Think You Can Dance....and are we really going to watch NYC Prep?? Hmmm....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. LOVE the ballons. Did you buy them just for your little photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are too gorgeous Alex! They are such great photos. I love those balloons, and yes, I do wish you could fly all the way across the sea for a cuppa and a chat. Wanna give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. I love balloons

    ReplyDelete
  4. oliver would be beside himself to see you with such a lovely bouquet of balloons. especially since his birthday balloon lost a fight with the ceiling fan this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolfie was amazed! We had just been at Trader Joe's and he had asked for a balloon (which was sweet because he hasn't asked for one in ages....part of his "i'm a big boy" transition perhaps??). Anyway we were home because Wolfie was sick and greg came up the walkway at the end of the day with this GIGANTIC balloon bouqet! He helped throw a baby shower for a co-worker and these were all from the party. It def put us in a good mood.
    Wolfie thought mommy was crazy taking pictures with them! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa: you are too sweet...i swear its the magic camera. It makes me look a lot slimmer than I really am...of course I don't post the photos with the big ol double chin hanging out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've put it all together!
    The boho dress is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is fabulous and so are you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balloons are my favorite!!!! These photos are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos - and of course another great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. alex, the balloons match your outfit PERFECTLY!!
    how amazing is that!

    gorgeous as always. i love the idea of wolfie watchin' mama bop around the back yard with a huge bouquet of ballons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are gorgeous pictures! Thank you so much for sharing those delightful images with us! They definitely lifted my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so cute, Alexandra....a genuine free spirit. :) I love your new blog header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get all of these balloons? Did you Photoshop them in or were you really holding these gorgeous things. Oh my, lovely. And I adore your halter top, it's so perfect with a cardigan. You are inspiring me to dress more creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you everyone!
    jenny...yep, i think wolfie thinks i'm a weirdo!! haha.

    holly, greg brought home this huge bouquet (he helped throw a baby shower at his work and these were part of the decor!). he brought them for wolfie, of course, but they were so happy and fun I had to snag them for pictures. the wind started really blowing so it was pretty hilarious me and all these balloons bonking around! i think I traumatized the little stray cats i've been feeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I will be watching Prep School show. Kids living on their own at 16, totally.

    ReplyDelete