Friday, June 26, 2009

Tasty Little Mod

As a big fan of all things 60s, it's no surprise I have always coveted the Mondrian dress. Inspired by Piet Mondrian's iconic painting, but created by Yves Saint Laurent in 1965. Hey, even the Partridge Family bus gave a little nod to Piet.


So imagine my deeeelight to discover that fancy baker extraordinaire Caitlin Williams Freeman had created a Mondrian inspired cake for the SF MOMA. Yes, I said a CAKE people!! Caitlin is one of the co-founders of Miette Patisserie, the most adorable bakery ever. Check out her notes and then some yummer pictures of the cake—which is covered in chocolate ganache. Mmmm. Anyone wanna meet up for a slice some day??






Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. Wow that cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word! what an exquisitely wonderful post! That cake is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING. If I ever get married, I want that to be my wedding cake!

    I had a 60's wool knockoff Mondrian dress -- turquoise and black and cream. I wore it to death... and until the moths killed it off finally. I still wish I had it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that caaaaaaaaaaake!
    oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fantastic!

    i bet it is as good as it looks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one of the coolest things i've ever seen! the cake looks wonderfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love it! I want one for my next b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Honey!!!!!!!!
    As a single gal,I color blocked my kitch cas al'a Mondrian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh and her notes are in a susie gahremahni notebook, too! so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete