Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vintage Kid's Books: Black and White and Yellow



So this week I have something a little different. I usually am drawn to the really colorful, whimsical illustrations in vintage children's books. A while back while thrifting I stumbled upon this charming little story and fell in love. The drawings are pretty wonderful and while sparse, I love the combination of simple line black line art and the little punches of yellow. I'm sure this was done because it was cheaper to print as a two-color dealie....but look how full of life these little drawings are!














Story by sara asheron
Illustrations by susan perl
Wonder Books Easy Reader, 1962

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. The page of cats (grey/black/white) is just adorable. So many of my favourite books are One/two/three colour books (Dr Seuss!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god this is so sweet ~ gasp ~ !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a deeply wonderful trip down memory lane! I'm a child of the 80s, but had this incredibly cute book as a child. Wow, I haven't thought about this charming story in years, thank you so much for the lovely reminder! :)


    Wishing you a beautiful day!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the title of this book?
    Thanks!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete