Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walk with me to work.

Every day we walk or drive to work. We're scrambling to be on time. Sometimes we're running late. Often we're on the phone for a pre-work chat. But rarely do we stop and look.  I decided I needed to fix that. C'mon. Take a walk with me to work...


We begin at BART, taking the metro from the East Bay into the City.



Look both ways. One of my favorite things about working in the City is the "4-Way Walk Sign"—when all the signs have the little green walking guy, cars have to stop and all the pedestrians can cross the street diagonally.


Kate Spade always has the most colorful, fun window displays. Hmmm, there's a sale. Should we pop in??


The FRESH store is one of the prettiest little buildings. I also happen to love their scents and bath products. I didn't take you into the Starbucks on the corner, but I did make a pit stop for a double tall nonfat latte. (I'm a fan of the caramel macchiato too...)


While I work at a big ad agency, we're not in the typical downtown jungle. We're right near Chinatown and everyday we navigate the throngs of tourists. Seeing them marvel at our pretty city always makes me smile.







Talk about marketing...these guys have been "going out of business" for the past 3.5 years.




Lucky me! I get to see this every morning.


Ah, there she is....my building. That hill is a killer I tell ya...



And here I am. Ready to the start the day. Nope, I didn't change sneakers (if you have an eagle eye you might have noticed they changed). I cheated...this last photo was from a while back. HAPPY THURSDAY!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments:

  1. I have probalby a dozen pressed pennies all over my home. I love those machines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a big ad agency too! You've motivated me to spruce up my sad looking cube a bit. I started at this job 3 months ago and I think the excuse of being new has run it's course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I feel like I went on a mini vacation that didn't require an airplane (which I HATE). Nice to see a new scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely incredible! you're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss San Francisco! You capture it oh-so-beautifully, and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy a bright new shiny necklace when I was in Chinatown on my honeymoon. Double sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous! I wish that was my walk to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. What a great idea. I might have to do a photo essay of my own morning commute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...You: I know! What is it about the pressed penny? So awesome.

    Christina: No way! Where do you work girlie?? (what city are you in?)

    Pretty Neat Designs/Amy/WhenI Grow Up Coach/lrgoodfriend: Thanks ladies! And yes!! let's see your walk to work toooo!

    Lynxy: i love that you always always comment. You are my Gold Star reader and it always makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. alex, this was so fun. a different kind of wonderful little peek into your world.

    the photos are gorgeous!!!!!!! everything=so colorful!!!

    and lookie at your little desk spot, i love it.
    thanks for sharin' lady gir!
    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous. It's so different from the life I lead. What a fun walk to work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i frekin' love it! i love the little chinita purses..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! I've never been to San Francisco and I really enjoyed the walk with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this glimpse into your day. I swear I'm tempted to get on the next plane and come see you so we can shop at Fresh, Kate Spade and grab a boba tea (you must have tons of boba tea shops there right?). Oh and we must do sushi or grab a little dim sum. And go to your Tokyo district for book shopping and a visit to the Japanese grocery stores to giggle at cute product packaging. :)

    I was in your city last in July 2001. We honeymooned there, spent two weeks on Nob Hill and a little time in Sonoma. LOVE SF! My husband and I have almost moved there about 20 times already... you are SO lucky to live where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm from the bay area too! i live on alameda and take the ferry to san francisco :) the view is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your photos! Some of the best people I know live in the city.

    And I too work for an ad agency. But I can tell by looking at your work space that your agency is a lot more fun than mine. I don't think my boss would appreciate me putting up stuff. I apparently had too many files on my desktop & was told to clean it up. Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is that the West Oakland bart station?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi SassyMomma...it's Fruitvale! (a couple of stops over)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures are wonderful indeed! I always get nostalgic when I see pictures of California, especially of San Fran. Oh what I would give to live there! I need to leave to NY.

    ReplyDelete